Netcraft is an internet services company based in Bath, England. Netcraft is funded through retained profit and derives its revenue in the following ways:
- Providing internet security services, including anti-fraud and anti-phishing services, application testing, code reviews, and automated penetration testing.
- Providing research data and analysis on many aspects of the internet. Netcraft has explored the internet since 1995 and is a respected authority on the market share of web servers, operating systems, hosting providers, ISPs, encrypted transactions, electronic commerce, scripting languages and content technologies on the internet.
- Accepting advertising on the Netcraft web sites.
Netcraft has a cosmopolitan client list, spread through the UK, the USA, mainland Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
Clients include BNP Paribas, British Telecom, Capita, Cisco, Datapipe, Intel, Kaspersky, MercadoLibre, Microsoft, the 2010 and 2012 Olympic Games, Rackspace, Skype, Symantec, and IBM/Softlayer.
Cool stats on our latest investment Digital Ocean— taking web infrastructure market by storm— http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2013/06/13/the-meteoric-rise-of-digitalocean.html http://trends.netcraft.com/www.digitalocean.com
– Marc Andreessen (@pmarca) March, 2014
I’ve thought for a long time that Netcraft represents a real revolution in market research. Firms like Gartner can tell you what they think people are going to do. Folks like Netcraft can tell you what people are actually doing.
– Tim O’Reilly, August 2003
It’s no surprise that someone of the caliber of Bob Metcalfe, inventor of Ethernet and co-founder of 3com, should have called Netcraft ‘cool’.
– Linuxworld, July 2003
Netcraft is company number 02161164 registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is 2 Belmont, Bath, BA1 5DZ, UK.