Netcraft’s SSL Survey examines the use of encrypted transactions on the Web through extensive automated exploration of the internet. Each month it provides timely answers to questions such as:
- How many companies are doing encrypted transactions over the internet?
- Where are they?
- Whose server software do they use?
- Which authority do they obtain their certificates from?
- How many are using Extended Validation?
- Who hosts their server?
- What is the growth rate of SSL sites on the internet?
Certificates Authority Share, January 2012
Who should buy it?
- Certificate authorities
- Server and hardware accelerator vendors
- Web hosting companies
- Banks, financial institutions
- Software vendors developing for the electronic commerce market
- Brokerage, Venture Capital & Fund Management firms investing in these companies
- Legislators, Government officials, the Military, and Privacy groups
- Anyone tracking the growth of ecommerce and encrypted communications on the internet
Operating system share for SSL sites, to January 2012
What do I get?
Access to a monthly updated analysis and dataset on our subscription access site. There is a sample pageset produced using the January 2012 data.
The analysis includes:
- Noteworthy highlights and related news
- SSL server market share: by server, by vendor & by operating system.
- Certificate Authority market share
- Top hosters of SSL sites
- Geographical analysis: per-country certificate authority, hoster, server and operating system share
- Detailed timeline trends including historical data for the past 3 years
What does it cost?
An annual subscription for an individual is £1200 (or approx. $1950 US). Licences for companies and certificate authorities are also available. For additional information or details on how to order please contact us at email@example.com.