Netcraft is an internet services company based in Bath, England. Netcraft is funded through retained profit and derives its revenue in the following ways:
- Providing internet security services, including cybercrime disruption and anti-phishing services, application security testing, code reviews, and automated penetration testing.
- Providing research data and analysis on many aspects of the internet. Netcraft has explored the internet since 1995 and is a respected authority on the market share of web servers, operating systems, hosting providers, ISPs, encrypted transactions, electronic commerce, scripting languages and content technologies on the internet.
The strategy sets out how government will strengthen its own defences [..] We will do this through working in partnership with industry - including companies such as the innovative SME Netcraft-to use automated defence techniques to reduce the impact of cyber-attacks...Previously a website serving web-inject malware would stay active for over a month-now it is less than two days.
- The Rt Hon Philip Hammond MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer announcing the UK Government's Cyber Security strategy in Nov 2016
Seriously strategic innovation.
- Jeremy Fleming, Director GCHQ, June, 2019
Been testing the @Netcraft toolbar, and it's amazingly good at blocking phishing. They're a threat intel provider, so this is a direct feed.
- @SwiftOnSecurity March, 2017
Cool stats on our latest investment Digital Ocean— taking web infrastructure market by storm— http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2013/06/13/the-meteoric-rise-of-digitalocean.html http://trends.netcraft.com/www.digitalocean.com
- Marc Andreessen (@pmarca) March, 2014
I've thought for a long time that Netcraft represents a real revolution in market research. Firms like Gartner can tell you what they think people are going to do. Folks like Netcraft can tell you what people are actually doing.
- Tim O'Reilly, August 2003
It's no surprise that someone of the caliber of Bob Metcalfe, inventor of Ethernet and co-founder of 3com, should have called Netcraft 'cool'.
- Linuxworld, July 2003
Netcraft is company number 02161164 registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is 2 Belmont, Bath, BA1 5DZ, UK.