Information Automatically Logged
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. Your IP address may also used to display regional
- Sometimes advertisers may use third party banner servers to display banners on our site. These servers are not under Netcraft’s control.
- Forms exist on our site that require users to submit contact information (an email address). This information is used to send Netcraft articles and promotional information to interested visitors. Users may unsubscribe from receiving automated mail as a result of submitting this information.
Enquiry and Order Forms
- Our site use enquiry and order forms for customers to request details of, and purchase, services. We collect contact information (such as invoice and mail
addresses) and financial information (a credit card number). This information is used for contacting customers and for billing.
- This site contains links to many other Web sites. Netcraft is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these sites.
- This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
Netcraft Anti-Phishing Extension
The extension collects the following information:
- A unique identification reference is generated for each Netcraft Anti-Phishing Extension installation. This is sent back to us when the Anti-Phishing Extension attempts to download updated versions of its software and is used for planning and licensing purposes. This is not sent as part of the Anti-Phishing Extension’s normal operation when browsing the web.
- Web sites (not URLs) visited when browsing the web. These are used to identify URLs that should be blocked within the site being visited and to provide contextual reports and popularity ranking information.
- Very old versions of the Anti-Phishing Extension also collected MD5 hashes of URLs visited. This has been discontinued in recent versions.
- The Anti-Phishing Extension does not collect any personal information except that described above. In particular, we do not collect personal information which can identify the browsing habits of individual users.
Use of Personal Information
We process personal information collected through the web site and the Anti-Phishing Extension for the purposes of:
- Dealing with your enquiries, requests and reports of phishing URLs.
- Providing you with information about updates and enhancements to our products and services.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if, at any time, you do not wish to receive information about our products or services.
- We will not sell or disclose personal information to any third parties except successors in title to our business and, if required, government bodies and law enforcement agencies.
- You have a right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacting the Web Site
- If you have any questions about this privacy statement, contact email@example.com.