What information about you do we collect?
We collect information including name, email address, contact telephone number and company name on our contact forms. This information will be used to determine your requirements and to select the most appropriate response for you. The email address is also used to manage subscriptions to the Netcraft Mailing List.
In addition we collect IP addresses of requests in webserver logs to assist diagnosing issues with the server.
Our sites use Google Analytics to monitor the activity of users on our site, so that we can make improvements to provide a better user experience. This information is not personally identifiable.
You can opt out of these analytics at any time by clicking the button below:
|Cookie Preference||cookiesConsented||This cookie remembers your preference as to whether you’d like to store cookies in your browser|
|Analytics opt-out||analyticsOptOut||This cookie is set when you choose to opt out of recording Google Analytics measurements as you browse this site|
|These cookies are used by Google Analytics to monitor how you use the site. We use this to further improve the website. This information is anonymised so cannot be used to personally identify you|
The extension collects the following information:
- A unique identification reference is generated for each Netcraft Browser Extension installation. This is sent back to us when the Browser Extension attempts to download updated versions of its software and is used for planning and licensing purposes. This is not sent as part of the Browser Extension’s normal operation when browsing the web.
- Web sites (not URLs) visited when browsing the web. These are used to identify URLs that should be blocked within the site being visited and to provide contextual reports and popularity ranking information.
- The Browser Extension does not collect any personal information except that described above. In particular, we do not collect personal information which can identify the browsing habits of individual users.
iOS Mobile Protection App
- When the application updates the blocklist we recieve information in our web server logs. This log data includes your IP address. We use this data to provide a resilient and robust service, such as identifying and resolving issues with the update server.
- We do not receive any information about the websites (hostnames or URLs) that you visit.
Why have we collected information?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have submitted a form on this website, including general enquiries, demo requests or a mailing list subscription.
- You have installed the Netcraft Browser extension
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Contract - When we need your data to fulfil a requested service or enquiry.
- Specific consent - When you explicitly give us consent to use your data for a certain function such as receiving product updates. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com.
- Legal obligation - When required by local laws or enforcement
- Legitimate interest - We may use your information to determine the market interest of our services, allowing us to influence business decisions.
What do we do with the information?
Your data is used to allow us to contact you in response to enquiries, and to notify you of recent news posts if you are a member of the Netcraft Mailing List. Your email address may also be used to research the nature of your organisation, to direct you to our services best suited to you.
What are your rights?
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at
if you wish to make a request.